Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Happy Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday

 "The word comfort is from two Latin words meaning "with" and "strong" - He is with us to make us strong. Comfort is not soft, weakening, commiseration; it is true strengthening love." Amy Carmichael



I had a break yesterday as my mind what not where it should have been and with the bullying going around and people thinking everything is directed at them, I had to think on everything I was planning to write.



Yesterday was a Happy Tuesday we had lots of snow but the cold could have been nicer.  I love days when I don't have to get up and go somewhere. It is a good feeling. As much as people like to go go go, I am quite content right here at home.


Since Rebekah saw a giant bird standing on it's back legs two nights go, no matter that it was 7 and today 30 degrees outside. We know and hope he was looking for all the rabbit invaders. But we never know because he could have swooped down on the pups. So I have to get in my boots, in my coat, put on my hat and gloves and take these silly pups outdoors to do their business. Two different neighbors just let their dogs stay out in this awful weather. Duke will come to the fence. His smart and sassy owner has a dog door. Duke talks with our dogs. Wondering if they are saying how grateful they are that they do not have owners who leave them out in the cold. Today I noticed the two houses behind me. Someone took part of the fence down so the big obnoxious dog on the right chases the chihuahua behind me. I noticed the chihuahua's  human mom out today. She speaks zero English so if her kiddos are not around I just smile and wave. Her neighbor had a powerline fall on her patio . She wanted my husband to go over there, he said, uh-no you have to call Excel Energy! That is a L I V E wire lady! My question was, where is your own husband??? and why aren't one of you concerned enough to call in the experts. I miss Bill Engvall. He just retired #heresyoursign

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY


                                                                               CHOMPERS

                                                                                RIP 2022


6 comments:

Sandee said...

I love that you combined Happy Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday. That's a time saver.

We are stronger than we know. I agree with that.

Yikes on the dog issue and I'd go out with my pups too. To dangerous not to.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I appreciate you breaking down the word "comfort" for us here. Yes, God is with us, and He makes us able to bear whatever trials we are facing.
I just don't understand people who leave their pets outside in cold weather, either. Shame on them! Hoping all the pups enjoy a warm and safe evening.
Blessings, Anne!

Mari said...

I appreciated what you had to say about comfort.
It's very cold here today - 5 degrees when I was driving to work. I've felt like I couldn't get warm all day. Now I'm sitting under my heated blanket. :)
Yikes on the bird and the dog. Good idea to go out with him.

pilch92 said...

I like Bill Engvall and his heresyoursign. I also like Jeff Foxworthy's might be a redneck if. :) XO

Mevely317 said...

I can't understand people who own dogs, but don't care for them responsibly. Ugh!!!
One of Tom's friends (back in Scottsdale) had her 70-pound golden retriever attacked by an owl last week right in front of her! She said all she could do was start flapping her arms and screaming. Despite having two deep cuts, the vet says Gracie (the dog) is going to be fine.

messymimi said...

If i am cold, my pets will be cold. Same with heat.

Thanks for sharing that insight about comfort.