Thursday, December 30, 2021

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 As our old year closes and the new one makes it's appearance, I like to make thankful lists. Therei s much to be thankful for. I don't fall into the trap that the grim newscasts and even programming in general try to brainwash us with their nonsense.

I have spent time away from here, because having had more losses, than we care to have, I spend more time in prayer than I do anything else.

The world is a worrisome one. But you can find some gratitude if you look around. 

The UPS guy sets our chewy.com order on the porch but he never blocks the door so we can not open it heeheehee. Not a major thing but a kind gesture,

amazon.com delivered my monthly coffee order. I was amazed the kid read that the doorbell was out of order, knocked politely and set the package on the ledge near our mail slot. A kindness I appreciate it.

Two rabbits decided to lounge on our lawn. It is so darn cold here, My teeth chatter when I walk across the yard to check the garage lights. But I always warn those silly rabbits. Leo's here, run rabbit run! They run and crawl under the neighbors fence. They have some good sense. I like that!

I seem to be late these days. Today my grandson needed a last minute sitter. It was my pleasure to sit with Harrison and Shea . She is a busy girl and Harrison is older, wiser and his needs are not as urgent as her needs. I love being with them. 


This face says to me, trouble is coming Grandmother, get ready for it! She will tell you the cat says meow, the dog says arf, the cow says moooo! She eats all of her veggies! Her brother use to say yuck and toss them back to me when he was her age! I can not complain. She was eating carrot coins that were cooked like she was eating a delectable dessert! She is a busy girl with a big agenda! THANKFUL for her and her brother too. 


This face says, Grandmother, I am watching an important cartoon! Would you tell my sister, to be quiet! hahaha would you make me hot cocoa too ? With marshmallows and whipped cream. He is the guy who says hit me, with the whipped cream. Today, someone moved it to the back of the fridge and ti was half frozen. I said come over another day, I will buy a fresh can! GRATEFUL!

Visit Thankful Thursday

FRIENDLY FILL IN'S

Ellen and Lorianne share in choosing these sentences to share with us. Here they are:

1. I had hoped to ______________but I didn't.

2. A goal I have for 2022 is __________________.

3. I'll be _______________when 2021 ends.

4. I hope 2022 brings ________________.

My answers:

1. I had hoped to read more but I didn't . My friend Bea toldme to read the Reckoning. by John Grisham. It is an older book and about WWII. It is hard to read without stopping and taking a break. 

2. A goal I have for 2022 is to spread more kindness. Complain less, feel grateful more.Be thankful for the small stuff.

3. I'll be grateful when 2021 ends.Too much loss, Epilepsy, surgeon screw ups, heart disease, freak accidents, I know God is collecting these precious souls. He wants them and most of  the world can't deal with that..

4. I hope 2022 brings us closer and closer. Like 911 people were kind and caring and then back to their old ways in no time at all. I want to see a great awakening in our country. Think for yourself. Move forward, stop relying on others to tell you how to think! Revival, awakening, call it what you would like, we need to get back to good and leave evil in the dust.

We need to rely on common sense. It seems to have fallen by the wayside. Bring it back! I know I would be most thankful.

I will be kinder and smile always at everyone. When people lash out with words and meaness you never know how you affect someone. Many souls are very fragile in our world. Smile and be kind. 

The way the tide goes in and out should be a reminder, that we can change in a moment's notice. Use kindness, don't argue, don't fight, let's bring manners back! Y E S ! That would be so amazing.

Never say you are too busy to_________________. You fill in the blank. A kind word may touch an otherwise troubled heart.

I belong to a social group where a gentleman said, on CHRISTmas Eve, please pray for me. My son (24 years old) and my grandson (4 years old) passed away in a head on collison earlier this evening. 

Use kindness like it is the most powerful gift you can hand deliver. We never know, we never ever know, how troubled someone might be.

How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time. Morgan Freeman

 

7 comments:

Sandee said...

Love all your thankful things. I'm with you and I love your will-ins. I'm with you on them too.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Love and hugs. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

I agree with everything you have said! You are so blessed to have such beautiful and wonderful grandchildren!

messymimi said...

Those two blessings who call you Grandma made me smile.

We need more prayer and more kindness, and i won't stop praying or being kind, i know you won't, either.

A blessed and beautiful Happy New Year to you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

There are so many things to be thankful for ... thank God.

God bless always.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Always, always something for which to be thankful, Anne. And we do need to practice acts of kindness on a daily basis, and recognize those act of kindness in others. Oh, what a better world this would be!
Blessing in the New Year!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were all wonderful thankfuls and those were good fill-in answers too. That's very sad about the gentleman's son and grandson and we all send prayers his way. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.

Mevely317 said...

Oh, those expressions on Shea and Harrison's faces are the BEST! Love the way you find thanksgiving in the smallest things. My favorite? The way in which you warn the bunny rabbits about Leo.
Happy New Year, dear friend!