Wednesday, December 22, 2021

CHRISTMAS IS COMING

 I can not be wordless on this Wordless Wednesday. This week started out a bit rough but here I am and want to think about CHRISTmas.

Monday morning my Belgian waffle, which was a brand new recipe I tried, was popped in the toaster to crisp it up. I added a bit of butter, warm sryup and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.  It slid off my plate and onto the floor facedown! Of ocurse, I had an audience with the dogs. But I had to stop and clean that up and start all over.

Then my cousin Danny's daughter Lynette posted that her dad passed away SONday. He had been working in the yard, was overwhelmed, sat on the porch and he was gone. He had run the filling station and auto repair shop for many years at the location of his childhood home. He had been in the USAF. So he loved flying. He taught himself how to ski and hated fighting the weekend traffic. So he bought a plan and he and his phamily enjoyed most weekends skiing in the mountains. He was a kind man and I will everything about him.

I was chatting with my brother Ed. He always has fun and exciting genealogy info. I wanted to share the sad news with him. He said he has a funny story about Danny and his skiing days to share next time we talk. He filled in a few more blanks about Danny with me after he spoke with our brother Bill. 

So  I decided I would share some of our CHRISTmas ornaments from our tree. I've been preoccupied with making sure all the gifts will be wrapped and everything is in order.

Someone shared this and I added a bit of a border. I really love this. I know LOVE is the greatest gift from God and love will conquer all.

 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. Now I know that I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now three remain, faith hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13: 12-13.


My friend Linda in Kansas made this cute snowman ornament several years ago. He always has a place of honor on our tree.

Hannah gave this ornament to us, in honor of Alastor Avery. There are feathers inside the ornament. It is a treasure hanging on our tree.

Rebekah gives us a personalized  ornament every year. These sloths made us smile and we love them
hanging on the tree!



This is a tiny church I found at the Dollar Tree. I was disappointed this year, they had no good ornaments. It made me sad. But I love this one,

I love this Jim Shore Nativity.  These ornaments are so detailed. I have two of them. 

Here is Irish Santa also a Jim Shore. 

I will share more at my other blog.  This week is flying by and I know CHRISTmas will too. But we will get to visit with some of our kids and grands. I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your celebration. Take care.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful ornaments with good memories. I am so sorry about your cousin. Especially at Christmas time.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

So saddened to hear of the loss of your cousin, Anne. Holidays are poignant enough without losing someone in the midst of one.
On the bright side, your ornaments are beautiful and memorable. Thank you for sharing this Christmas cheer with us.
Blessings!

The Feminine Energy said...

I am so so sorry about your cousin, Danny. It's hard when a death happens at any time but when it's close to Christmas it seems to be harder yet. Poor soul. I love all your ornaments and what you did with the photos is gorgeous. Merry Christmas! ~Andrea xoxoxo

Sandee said...

Sorry about the waffle and the mess and the death of a very kind man.

Love all the ornaments and the quote. Beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

messymimi said...

My heart aches for you and your family with the loss of your cousin. You have some very beautiful ornaments!

Sandee said...

• ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★ Christmas ★。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚
* Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*