Saturday, October 30, 2021

HELLO NOVEMBER SO LONG OCTOBER

 

My goodness the month is nearly over. I Love November for the Thanksgivign holiday. I am sad and bittersweet too. My mother had passed away in 2001 on her own mother's birthday. So it is always hard. But my mom was a great cook and we celebrated Thanksgiving in a wonderful fashion.


All Saints Day costumes for the Catholic school kids. I was an angel and my sister was Sister Mary. This had to be the year I was in the second grade. My parents bought me that faux fur bolero jacket when I made my first communion. Wonderful memories and I get sad seeing posts from people judging those who send their kids out for Halloween. In 2020 I read an article regarding how people were feeling with all the hype going on negatively. Many people bought colorful lights to decorate their homes outdoors. I remember too someone saying cute out some pretty hearts and put them in your front window. I believe one is still there. People are often so busy judging other people and name calling and bullying that they do not see their own errors in judgement. If you pick up a bible and flip the pages to the Book of James, read chapter 3. You will learn valuable information about the tongue and how we use it to hurt, bully, slander and make others feel bad about themselves. Everyone is guilty of this too!  It is a sad world we live in so much of the times. Then you come along and find a kind soul and you feel like, life is not truly awful because someone was kind.  If you like Halloween fine, if not, still fine. Life would be horrid if we all acted the same way, did all the same identical things and looked and and agreed on every single thing!.

Tomorrow I may talk a bit about my husband and the severe asthma attacks he has been having. You don't have to agree with my thinking but you need to always put yourself in the shoes of the person telling you their story. 


My baby girl and her sweet husband left this morning to go home. I was sad, as I always am. It would be nice for them to be closer to us so we could visit more frequently.




7 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

It would be a boring world, indeed, if we all agreed on everything, Anne. Loved the photo of you and your sister! I do hope your husband is doing better; scary to have something like an asthma attack. I'll say a prayer for him.
Blessings!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm sorry about your husband! My mom had such severe lifelong asthma that she had to drop out of school in third grade and spent a lot of time in oxygen tents as a child. Back then, they did not know that much about it.

Mevely317 said...

That photo of you and your sister is priceless!
Ya, we know all about those who pass judgement. Tom's son-in-law went through a phase where he forebade his 4 littles to observe Halloween because it was 'devil worship.' How I wish these people would pause for a moment and just look in the mirror.
Prayers lifted -- both for Avery and Hannah and Jake's travel mercies!

pilch92 said...

I am sorry your husband has been having asthma attacks. XO

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh yes, I remember my wonderful Catholic school days too. I treasure those memories very muchso! I'm so sorry your husband is dealing with asthma. It must be so hard not to be able to take a good breath. ~Andrea xoxoxo

XmasDolly said...

Well HELLO, HELLO, HELLO! I'm so happy you found my blog & hope you had a good time. New bloggers/friends are always welcome, and my new friend we have so much in common! I too went to Catholic school and was brought up in the same fashion except I had a big brother (although I wish he was a sister - he always picked on me). He ditched me when we went trick or treating and always got in trouble because I always went home sooner. As far as your husband I shall add him to my prayer list for you my new friend because to me that's the best medicine ever because how can we doubt the Lord? Right now I'm fighting with my last back surgery (I had 3). The last one the man did something wrong because my right leg is now numb, swollen and gives me so much pain and no one will listen to me and as time goes on it gets worse. We'd be here all day if I told you the whole story and I'd be in tears all over the place. Doctors are humans and they can make mistakes that's why I pray to God every day to please heal me or at least send someone to heal me or send me to the right man/doctor that can. I should have left it alone after the second surgery. Okay don't want to bore you after our first meeting. Do you love music as much as I do? Then come back to play with us next week. I truly hope so. God bless you and your husband is now added to my prayer list. Have a wonderful week and it's oh so nice to meet you! HUGS

messymimi said...

If you're too busy fussing to listen, then go fuss somewhere else is how i feel about it all.

Your husband will be in my prayers for healing from the asthma.