Thursday, September 21, 2017

A Wedding Milestone

This is my kindergarten photo. Now this post is about a wedding anniversary , but the reason I posted this photo is to show you how long ago I met this wonderful girl named Carole Dean Schnackenberg-Drummond.
Somewhere in my treasure trove of photos I have Carole's kindergarten photo too. But she was a pretty and popular girl in high school and still is one of the most kind hearts I know. Knowing someone for 57 years says a lot about the way we were raised. While I was raised with four older siblings and a mom and dad, Carole was raised a bit more unconventionally for the times. Her mom along with her grandmother and two aunties raised Carole and her two older and one younger sisters. Carole is blessed in so many ways,  Her mom Betty is 90 plus years young and still having good times with her girls and grands. They were raised in a tiny house in BoJon town, 8 women and the girls became some of the most wonderful people you would ever want to know. They were raised, very much like I was , with good strong role models and lots of love and laughter too.
Today Carole and her hubby Bruce celebrated 42 years of marriage. Don't you just love this coffee mug? I was so happy reading her social media share that my heart was smiling! Sticking it out with someone for that long says something for a sweet girl I met in 1959 when we were schoolmates at Saint Mary's Catholic School in our hometown of Pueblo.
I lift my glass to Bruce and Carole and wish them 42 more plus years of marriage with beautiful sons and grandkids.
Marriage is a wonderful institution. I am happy to be here for the long haul.


With a wedding in my own phamily (daughter Rebekah) this December 2017 and a new grandbaby in March 2018 (son Jeremy), I have to say :
Until we meet again 


1 comment:

Mevely317 said...

What a touching tribute! I first mis-read your word, "Schoolmates" as "Soulmates" ... but that doesn't sound too far from the truth.

I love your Tata's little cottage. Wouldn't she be tickled to see this blog?! I can't figure how to 'follow' ... or be a groupie, even. Nevertheless, I'm going to subscribe so I don't miss any more of your updates.

Have a blessed new week, m'friend!