Thursday, August 1, 2024

THANKFUL THURSDAY and MY BOJON HERITAGE with Friendly Fill In's

 Thankful Thursday


Pikes Peak From My Childhood Window

I was sorting laundry earlier and suddenly sat down and cried. I was missing my mom. Missing my aunt Ang and missing my grandmother. I stopped to visit a childhood friend at social media. She was missing her mom too! Her grandma, her two aunts. Carole was raised in an unconventional home with 1 bath room, three sisters, a mom, a grandma and two aunties! She is one of the best people I know. We met at school 65 years ago! Oh My Goodness! A long while ago.

So I stopped to be thankful for everyone and everything in my life. Then I thought about the best view from my childhood window: Pikes Peak. Looking out our living room window at the empty lot across the street and seeing the most majestic view a girl could see! Pikes Peak, all 14,115 feet above sea level. Stunning!

In high school a friends mom drove us to the summit of Pikes Peak so we could watch the Peaks Pike Hill Climb Race. I was 16 and trucking up that mountain was breathtaking. It is a fond memory I am very thankful for.

The past few weeks have been filled with problems, home repairs, more car repairs, something always happening. But I remain thankful . Grateful to be able to to fix everything. More thankful to keep my mind occupied on all the little things.


Flowers are simply magnificent and yet so simple. My husband loves the sunflowers. I have tried to grow them without success. We will try again. So I don't think he will see this post but....I bought a new comforter for the bed for his birthday. But it does not arrive until next week. So....he does not know about it. I will change the comforter and our curtains later in this month so we can enjoy it into the Fall. Thankful


This silly Mister Kitty a/k/a/ Tiger came to live with us on June 21, 2013. He was 10 on April 30th. Boy has he changed. But he sleeps at my feet and he is a good source of thankfulness when he fires up his engine and lets me listen to him purr. 

Much to be thankful for because August is filled with many happy occasions. Jeremy born on August 9. Zach born on August 13, Nick born on August 20.  Blake born  30 of August.  Alastor Avery will be gone five years on the 4th and Roger would have celebrated 24 years of marriage with Noelle, August 27th we are very thankful that they were in our lives.  we never known the number of days we have on this earth so appreciate each person, each moment and most of all tuck those memories inside our hearts!

FRIENDLY FILL IN'S

Hosted by ELLEN and LORIANNE Here are this week's questions:

1. I want to try ____________________________.

2. _______________________should be an Olympic sport.

3. I'm grateful that _________________while I was growing up.

4. ________________deserves to be more popular.

I will post my answers tomorrow.

Thank you for commenting. Thank you to all the people who host the blog hops. Grateful for everyone. I will be around to visit .



5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Pike's Peak sure is beautiful! Mister Kitty was such a cutie kitten. Boy, that is a nice and busy August! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Mari said...

Happy August! A view of Pikes Peak is amazing!
Mister Kitty was a cute one, glad he's such a good companion.

messymimi said...

That was a lovely view from your home, I'm glad you got to go up there. I pray you have a great August and no more repairs.

Mevely317 said...

What a treat to see Pikes Peak in all its splendor, right from your home!
Good fill-in posers, aren't they? #1, I flirt with the idea of learning more about fresh herbs and how best to use them. #2, ??? The first thing that popped in my mind was political debate, so I wouldn't feel bad about turning off the TV. I'll be so glad when the games are over. #3, So many things -- maybe the sense of pride and patriotism that seemed to exist in the US. I'm sure there were misfits and malcontents, but I don't remember hearing about all these school shootings and plain old people being so ugly to one another. #4. How about YOUR blog!

Happy Friday!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

What an awesome view you had as a child, Anne. Wow! I don't think too many folks could boast of a better one.
Having a gratitude attitude is the best way to go through our days with joy. God bless!