Tuesday, June 11, 2024

HAPPY TUESDAY: BASEBALL BASKETBALL FOOTBALL HOCKEY

HAPPY TUESDAY

 My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."

— Harmon Killebrew
My Colorado Rockies haven't been playing the best baseball lately. But having been raised my a father who told me to stick with the home teams. So I do....baseball, basketball, football, hockey.

Charlie Blackmon, the most analytical player in the sports, my opinion of course!


Aaron Gordon, my favorite Denver Nugget player. Just a kind soul. Would you say a prayer for him and his family? His older brother passed away in a car accident. Drew left a wife and three children behind.  Makes my heart sad.

This is a tough one, always been a Bronco's fan:
Except never during the Elway era. My love was officially given to Joe Montana. Yeah...saw him play twice at the AF Academy with my folks!  A terrific QB....today we are up in arms with the Bronco's. Unsure who will take the QB helm. Manning was a class act. Grateful he was never injured during his Denver heydays.


Oh the Colorado Av's ... big crush on their handsome coach hahaha! He is so perfect and a perfect gentleman. But old school Joe Sakic. My grandson Colton, as a young boy followed him into the men's room at Casa Bonita and  asked for an autograph. Joe obliged , after he washed his hands of course. 


Today it is Nathan McKinnon! Our grandson Brody has his jersey signed and framed up and he is his favorite player too.  Sports is good for my soul. 
Oh Maxine, you and I have the same pain! But I am blessed with a husband who helps me out with our favorite Amish Cream that he can slather on my hip before bed! I know, it's just so romantic!  hahahaha
Thinking of my favorite Arch Bishop from my long ago Catholic school days....Fulton J Sheen. I will leave you here with a quote from him:
" You must remember to love people and use things, rather than to love things and use people." 
May your week be filled with goodness, love and peace while you go through your days.


9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love both the first and last quotes! OY, my hips as well!!

Sandee said...

I love both of the quotes too. They are perfect.

I love Maxine and my left hip hurts all the time.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, my friend. ♥

carol l mckenna said...

Great quotes and awesome 'home teams' and photos ~ glad hubby is helping with your hip ~ would like to hear more about the Amish Cream ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

My mother loved sports, especially baseball and football. Growing up in Massachusetts, she knew the names and stats for every Boston Red Sox player and even had posters of them in her room. Now that's a fanatic - lol!
I enjoyed your quotes, too, especially the on from Bishop Sheen.
Blessings, Anne!

pilch92 said...

You are quite the sports fan. :) XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are really nice sports stories with fan favorites of course. You tell them Maxine!

Mari said...

I'm sorry about Aaron Gordons brother. Very sad.
Love the Colton story! Good for him!
We don't watch sports so I don't know these players but I enjoyed the stories.
And Maxine is always good!

messymimi said...

I am not a huge follower of sports but I do admire those players who do it for love of the game and the skill they can bring to it.

Maxine is always so much fun, I get that pain too, if I sit for too long.

Gattina said...

My hips don't hurt, but I know nothing about these sports and I don't like to see them so brutal !