Thursday, August 4, 2022

Memories of A Real Life Angel: Thankful Thursday Pink Saturday

 



I spent a great deal of this day attempting to get this photo on my blog. It is the very last photo I have of myself and Alastor Avery , my grandson Colton and Jacey's second son.  This was taken on August 2, 2019 on a Friday evening. We watched this precious boy and his older brother.  It was the very last time we would see him on this earth. Although the sadness is always there, my hope is to see this beautiful boy in Heaven and have a wonderful reunion with him and all those who have gone before us.
Each phamily member has different feelings and lots of wonderful stories about this little fellow. My greatest memory of him, every time I step into my shower.  I see his smiling face looking  at me as I bathed him and his brother together that Friday night. Alastor Avery was a little character. He would lookup at me and grin and hit that water hard with his hand and laugh the sweetest little laugh. Even when I would say, "Alsator Avery don't you dare splash that water at me." B O O M ! He would splash it hard and water would go flying. We would laugh and  I think of him in this sweet way every single day of my life since he went to live with Jesus in his heavenly home.

" A teardrop on earth summons the King of Heaven." Charles R. Swindoll

Thankful today for these memories, for a small baby boy who will always be 7 months old in our minds. Thankful for my daughter Rebekah who helped me navigate this technical stuff and found a way, she has the patience of Job , to get it on my blog. I on the other hand, am the opposite. I am like Jonah.  Wanting to give it all to God, and often hesitate. But I am getting stronger and leaning on Him more and more everyday.



Avery took this photo with Alastor Avery on April 3, 2019. When we lost this precious baby boy, my sweet husband said," God honored us as  we were given an Ambassador of Heaven."  We were all greatly blessed, even for a short time. Their faces are priceless in this photo and I can still hear that little baby boy cooing at this Great Grandfather. Thankful God gave him to us, even though it was not a full lifetime.


Thankful for my friend Amanda, who is mom to 8 kiddos including a set of triplets. She homeschools  her older children. She always ,always shares 
 these words. One of my favorite people when I was a young lady was Fulton J Sheen. These next words are his and I am so very thankful I was raised with godly parents and attended Catholic school  most of my life. I still talk to and keep in contact with many of those classmates. They are part of my prayer warriors. 




My parents saw to it that we were raised in a godly manner. I am forever thankful for that. I yearn for that Heavenly reunion one day.


This is the serious sister of the "Bathtub Brothers" Harrison and Alastor Avery.  She seems serious, do not let her fool you. I had to cover her up because she said it was cold. She is like a 100 year old granny when she gets cold. Yet she is very stubborn and  went out of that tub kicking and screaming, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, I want the bath, the bath, the bath! I know she is related to the brothers because see her finger in her ear? They all liked to lie down in the water and rush the water in their ears and complain. hahaha....they also like to tell me the water was too hot, too cold. I wondered if someone left the three bears in my bathtub!


I hope you visit Thankful Thursday. Please visit Pink Saturday also.

8 comments:

Sandee said...

A beautiful thankful post. Life is full of ups and downs.

Prayers for those in need.

Have a blessed day and weekend, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

The Feminine Energy said...

Losing a child...I can hardly imagine the grief. God be with all those who have lost a little one this precious!! ~Andrea xoxo

Mari said...

This just breaks my heart. I can't imagine losing a child or grandchild. I'm thankful you have the promise of being reunited and that you have these sweet memories. What a cutie!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I can't imagine the pain and sorrow of losing a grandchild, Anne. What a beautiful boy he was! Praying the fond memories will continue to comfort you.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

A beautiful post and precious photos. My heart hurts for you.

messymimi said...

It is so difficult, you and your family are in my prayers.

R's Rue said...

Praying for you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry this beautiful boy was here for such a short time. XO