Thursday, August 18, 2022

Aw...Mondays

 

I lose my phone all the time! I have had to call to my son to help me locate it! hahaha back in my younger days I never lost my phone. It was attached to a cord in the wall!  Just an  Aw...Mondays smile.

Tuesday4

Sunday August 14, 2022 

Dinner Out

Let's talk about restaurants and eating out, ok?

1. Do you like eating out with friends or would you rather have them over for a meal?

We have more phamily over over for meals but Avery and I do like to go out to breakfast on the weekend. We love the Grumpy Egg


This little cafe has freshly made donuts and fritters and other pastries made daily. Avery loves their "big as a dinner plate" apple fritter but he takes 3days to eat it!



The atmosphere here is sweet and friendly and the food is always prepared hot and delicious.


Some of their dishes include, a breakfast burrito (Rebekah's fav), corn beef hash with eggs (Zach's fav) and eggs with sausage patties and hash browns. (Avery's fav)

A friendly locally owned cafe with great help and wonderful food. The prices are very good too.

2. Let's go out to eat. You pick, where are we going?


If you don't mind meeting me in Las Vegas, Nevada, Blueberry Hill has one of the largest menu's I have ever seen. It has been several years since we have visited but the menu is delicious, service is terrific, prices are still decent and it is off the ultra expensive strip!  Crepes for me with blueberries, Avery enjoys an open faced roast beef sandwich with brown gravy and green beans.  Hannah is a classic eggs & toast with hash browns kinda gal and Noelle is the model with the menu! Nick had his standard fare, chicken tenders with french fries. Boy oh boy, I would love to take you there. You can visit one of their four friendly locations in fabulous Las Vegas Nevada!

3. What are you going to order tonight?



We took our son-in-law Zach out for lunch at the Red Lobster last weekend. It was his birthday. We all enjoyed the fresh seafood and Rebekah tried their new bowl, she loved it. Avery is a Walt's shrimp guy and I will have it all. There is nothing on a seafood menu I won't try. 

Speaking of food if you travel through Wyoming, our grandson Colton, the truck driver said he would recommend the Pizza Palace in a town called Lusk, Wyoming. It is family owned and he said the food portions were so big he had to pack most of it away to take home with him. 


 Our recent visit to Denny's had Colton and Shea enjoying lots of all you can eat pancakes, scrambled eggs and if you prefer to pay a little extra, a one time plate of sausage or bacon. We opted to go meatless.

My food memories are so many that if I don't stop here I will never stop writing about all the wonderful food experiences I have had with those people I love best. 

4. Are you going to have dessert? What will it be?

If I were visiting Tequila's or El Mirador, both local Mexican restaurants I would share a deep fried cheesecake (Xangos) with Avery or you if you want to live dangerously. 


This is a Pinterest find from Sue Lau at Palatable Pastimes. Even once in your life, you need to have this dessert. I do recommend sharing it with a second party. 

Thank you for inviting me in to this delectable blog hop. I am chronically late, as Rebekah and Zach were in  the Colorado Springs area for his camping and birthday weekend. They visited Victor and Cripple Creek and she found a bit of information regarding the passing of my maternal grandfather and uncle Tony in the Portland Gold mines in 1927 when my mother was barely a young teen. She wants us to go back with her although I will not go one mile underground into the Molly Kathleen Mine where they hold tours. Avery did that in the 1980s with Uncle Louie and Noelle as Auntie Ang and I found some shopping. Being somewhat claustrophobic, I am not a fan of tight quarters although I have been in a few caves  in national  and state parks, when I was younger. Before all my neurosurgery. Rebekah took several hours to translate some of the obituary on my grandfather and uncle Tony that was written in sLOVEnian.  I will forever love this child of mine for taking such time and care to figure out many of the words in that article.



5 comments:

Sandee said...

You two are so precious. I got stuck on all the food. Yummy.

I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

Have a blessed day and rest of the week, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Mari said...

The Grumpy Egg looks great! I love the name and the food sounds good.
Fried cheesecake! I never heard of it but I bet it's so good.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, that's a lot of good food you mentioned! If I wasn't already so full from our "breakfast supper" tonight, I'd be hungry again! LOL. We had ham and eggs and fried potatoes and biscuits. I had spinach and cheese in my eggs. We like to do breakfast for supper once in a while. Oh, the story of the mines and your grandfather, etc. were very interesting. Thank you for sharing all of the above. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

messymimi said...

Now you've made me hungry!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I love breakfast food and cheesecake, Anne. Loved your foodie tour here!
Blessings!