Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Tuesday4 and Happy Tuesday

 Tuesday4 in memory of Toni Taddeo. It feels good to participate. These past few weeks have been a blur. Here I go:

Let's do a variety of questions this week ,ok ?

1. Did you have a favorite cartoon program or character as a young person, or even today?

Oh yes! Tom & Jerry and still watch them today. Avery and I have three different Tom and Jerry t shirts. We love them, but I prefer Tom over Jerry. I suppose because I have a cat and not a mouse as a pet! hahaha We have dogs too so we know Tom has a love/hate relationship witht he dog in the cartoon too. Always lots of fun but that Jerry, he is a devious little mouse.

2. Can you whole heartedly give people a second chance or do you find yourself still worried about trusting them?
It is difficult to forgive others when they have treated you wrongly? It is difficult. But I pray for them every single day. I believe you can pray sincerely but you do not have to be mistreated, gossiped about, hated for no reason and still pray. You can simply forgive and forget. You just need to remember if you pray, you need to stay on the right side of God and not bring up those hard feelings.  I learned this from my mom. She was a wonderful woman who loved her church and more importantly God and Jesus.  I think you can let go of  people who are toxic to you but you can also pray that God will turn them around. But I do not think you have to continue taking their hatefulness, bullying, whatever it is they were doing to you. 

"For He delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved son, in whom we have redemption., the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:13-14

3. Are there things/activities you'd like to add to your to your life or do you feel you have enough to do, going on, to keep you satisfied?

When I was younger I loved having a full life, a busy schedule but when I had children it became all about them. Now as adults, I have concerns  about them, so keeping the bible centered in my life is most important. I do study my bible and write daily and when the weather finally decides to cooperate, we will start walking again in the evenings and weekends. We are to get our temps into the 80's on Thursday and have them drop into the 30's and 40's for the weekend. Snow is predicted. We never know, as Colorado can have all the seasons in a few minutes. We have much going on with Nick and his health. So until we have answers it is difficult to do much else.  P R A Y is as as important as breathing. 

4. Can you live without your phone and social media?

I have. I grew up and had my first job where everything was hand written. Today, schools do not teach you cursive. we did not have computers except for a big machine that printed in dot matrix on massive sheets of paper the daily financial totals as I worked in the County Treasurer's Office of my hometown. You had to have nice handwriting to write in those massive books. About a month ago we had a blackout, lost power, no phone, no internet. I think people are so trained to not want to live without these things. I do like reaching out to people far away but I also like to have their personal info, address, phone # etc. I don't like saying much about the ways of this world at social media.  But I have a few friends were I can sit down and write my thoughts and they can too. I do believe those of us who were raised before technology took over, will survive easier than those who have had a cell phone of laptop attached to themselves. There will come a time when these things will be taken away so I look for simpler means of entertainment, books and writing, watching my grands grow. I think if people truly care about you, they could take five minutes to sit down and hand write a note to you. Otherwise, no, they are too wrapped up in the ways of the world. Just my thoughts. One of the happiest birthday's I ever had in my golden years was my 60th. I received over 60 messages, cards, letters, thoughts from so many wonderful people I know. I would like to wake up on my birthday and find my mail box overflowing with cards or notes. But people rarely do these things anymore. 

A random photo from me to you:


Noelle took this phoot at dinner the other night and shared it with me. I thoguht you'd like to see these 4 - sister and brother and two brothers. They look like they are holding on to each other for dear life! This makes me H A P P Y ! Happy Tuesday


Maxine is an expert on everything in life. 




9 comments:

Sandee said...

Love all your answers and I did live without social media for a very long time. I don't do much now and my phone is off more than on.

I love Maxine and I love Tom and Jerry.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Love and hugs. ♥

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I enjoyed your post very much. Your thoughts echo mine in many ways. And yes, it is always so nice to get a real handwritten letter or card in the mail. It's becoming a lost art because of Social Media. But on the other hand, we hear from people through social media that we would never hear from anymore if we didn't have that way to communicate. Many people are just too busy or too lazy to even consider writing a real note/card. I have gotten lazy too, although I am doing better than I used to since I now send out birthday cards to people in our church as a part of a church ministry. It's a good discipline for me. I am praying for you and for your hubby. Praying God will bring healing to him and give him the strength he needs to fight whatever it is that is ailing him. And yes, I love that picture of those four children together. That is just priceless. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a blessed and wonderful day. And yes, Tom and Jerry were great! I forgot about them!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Tom and Jerry can be fun to watch. Love your answer on forgiveness. I'm impressed on your Bible study. I definitely need to do more of that. I think they should still teach cursive. Got a thank you note from an older nephew and he printed his signature!!! It can be wonderful getting all those text messages and birthday wishes on Facebook on my birthday. It does make me happy. Take care and God Bless You.

messymimi said...

Tom and Jerry, what great memories. Bugs was a favorite, too.

Lots of prayers for your family and for Nick especially.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVED Tom & Jerry!!

annie said...

Oh you are so right about prayer! It is the backbone of everything we do. Thank you so much for joining in with Tuesday 4!

Terri D said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Nice to meet you!!

pilch92 said...

Nice to learn more about you. XO

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Happy Tuesday blog hop is new to me. I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions on this post.
Happy Tuesday to you!