Friday, June 18, 2021

Feline Friday

 

A google feline for you. He is either bored or very very sleepy. Stop by and visit Feline Friday


I found this pinterest find too. To celebrate Father's Day 2021. I will probaly take my sweet husband to Outback for a nice meal. I bought him some new clothes and a sample of high end cologne. Like my own father, Avery loves good cologne.I know my own dad would love all those new scents.


My favorite photo of my dad. He was everything to me.

 


Baseball, no matter if it is T ball or Little League, MLB, I still love it. I just close my eyes and ears to the political noise the world throws at us today. I know this, no one today could have played with guys like my dad, even though he played semi pro. They could not touch the likes of Satchel Paige,  Joltin Joe DiMaggio, Richard the Goose Gossage, and the great Cal Ripken Jr who never missed a single game in his career and played his entire career with the Baltimore Orioles.  But my father will forever be my hero. He was a steel worker. He worked hard to provide for us. He would be saddened to see where our coutnry is headed today. I will never back down and say I am not proud of those who came before me. They  were the salt of the earth. Hard working and never taking handouts. I am and will be proud of my heritage as long as I live and breathe.

I do have photos here somewhere of dad's 1969 Chevy truck This one is a google image. My father was very proud of that truck and he cared for it and all our cars when he retired. I miss him all the time. 

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! ~Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836


I have my fill in anwsers here:

1. If I could trade places with someone for a day, I would trade with no one. I like myself and other than loved ones gone before I am not into the whole celebrity thing. Otherwise I would love to have the strength, the fortitude and the faith and love my grandmother Cecilia had.

2. I would like to own a newer car some day.

3. I can't stand allergies this time of year and the heat. Oh the awful heat. Trees too, they make my allergies and sinuses miserable.

4. Phamily is my favorite thing about this time of year or anytime really. 

I am going to continue my Father's Day post here tomorrow and at my other blog too. I want to share my late father-in-law Carl and my son Jeremy and son-in-law Roger and grandsons Andrew and Colton and all the dad's everywhere.  Of course, my sweetheart Avery too. 

4 comments:

Sandee said...

That's one big yawn from that good looking kitty.

What a wonderful Father's Day post. I love it and I know your hubby is loving all your doing for him.

Love your fill-ins. We did the same on #1. We are happy in our skin.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday, weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in your life. Love and hugs.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your Dad sounds like such a wonderful man. I am so sorry he is no longer with you.This is a wonderful tribute to him.

messymimi said...

You had an amazing father.

May you have a newer car soon!

pilch92 said...

Nice photo of your Dad. Thank you for participating in the fil-ins, I enjoyed your answers. Allergies are such a pain. Have a nice weekend. XO