Monday, November 9, 2020

Thankfulness For Every Day

 1. I may repeat somethings here but every single day I try to find something, no matter how small to be thankful for. A friend was in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver. They are fine except for bumps and bruises and the car suffered relatively minor damages considering the high speed the guy was traveling at. SO i am thankful I have seen a chiropractor since I was out of high school and the same for my hubby. I could write a whole post here but I will refrain as it is late and I am late posting. We watched the two littles for Colton and Jacey so they could see a movie. We are both thankful. 

2. Thankful for holistic medicine and the doctors who are so dedicated to their patients. It is a good feeling to feel good.

3. Thankful for the snow, but not the frigid temps it brought with it. The snow is lightly falling and always very beautiful. Grateful I am home and staying cozy and warm.



4. Thankful for the sunrise today. There was a time I would stop and take a photo nearly 365 days of the sunrise or the sunset. I like to sleep later so I often miss the sunrise. Today it was beautiful. Made me smile and be extra grateful.

5. Thankful for helping hands. Nick and Rebekah pitched in and got some take out for Harrison and the rest of us so I could contend with Baby Shea.  She puked like a volcano and I had to strip her of her clothes and wash them while the poor tired hubby went to two stores to find her a sleeper and bibs and extra onesies.


She moves so fast and thinks it was funny that she only was wearing her diaper. I had a hand towel covering her until I could dress here and then she puked on that too. She is teething hard and she bit my finger at one point. Those little teeth are sharp as razors! It is always an adventure with this girl and her brother too. But life would be boring if they were perfect. Thankful!

6. Thankful for : "Grandmother, I Need hot cocoa please!"  This boy is an eating machine, "Grandmother can you please fix me something to eat?" He is a character and I enjoy all the  moments I have with him and his sister. Grateful.


7. Thankful for quiet moments and moments to catch a Christmas movie on TV.  I like to have a day of rest and drink hot tea and enjoy some down time.  Grateful.

8. Thankful for laundry. Grateful for the new washer. It is a pretty blue color too so it makes me happy and the clothes are so clean and fresh. It is the place I get the most private moments with my Jesus and my Father God. Sorting, folding, washing, drying. All the pieces of clothing go back and forth and I love this otherwise mundane job.

9.Thankful Nick had to go to his office early this morning to get a new headset. Thankful his sister let him drive her car because he needs to get his car checked out to find the source of the problem. He treated her to something good to eat later in the day when they both got off of work. Grateful.

10. Thankful to sort my mail and see more junk mail then anything else. Yay! That is the way I like it. But the carrier left someone else's magazine and I will put it out tomorrow for him to get to the right household. Very grateful.


A good heart and your character are the most important things in this world. You can not buy character. A good heart is not for sale either. I love this.




5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is Shea sick? So sorry! Your sunrise photo is beautiful!!

MadSnapper said...

Mumbai oldest son was born he had something wrong with his esophagus and he used to to puke a volcano over and over and over that's what I thought of when you said Shay puked a volcano. Hope it's just the teething making her do that. Both your grandchildren are adorable

Mevely317 said...

I love the relationships you and Avery enjoy with your children ... and they with each other. I don't expect it will happen, but have been praying for snow ever since we moved here. (Just missed it by 3 months back in 2018!)

messymimi said...

Oh, how i remember those spitting up and sometimes puking days. My children were all spitters, and i had to hand a towel over and give a solemn warning to everyone who wanted to hold them.

Rita said...

Always love the gratitude posts.
Even sick babies warm our hearts--LOL! ;)