Monday, November 30, 2020

Grateful Thankful and Blessed

 1. Grateful for a day that started out terribly. Woke up with ear pain. Cleaned one ear, dizziness. Cleaned the other ear, dizzy. Fell asleep. Two hours later refreshed but the laptop would not turn on. Hmmm....The hubby arrived home from work, he is the lucky charm I Needed. The cord was partially unplugged. Hallelujah! Thankful and Blessed.

2. Thankful for hot tea to calm my nerves. I have things all around me to do, but needed a break today. Grateful for tomorrow, God willing, so I will be blessed.

3. Blessed to write out a few cards for the encouragement group. I need to locate my CHRISTmas cards.Hubby took me to the post office. It was jumping with people, I just walked in used the mail slot and home we came. Grateful. Thankful.

4. Thankful for leftovers. My  Sweets made homemade refried beans. We had taco meat and a quart of green chili. Dinner was easy .Grateful for good food, blessed for all the goodness in our lives.

5. Grateful for warm blankets and jumping into a warm bed at night. Ah........ feels so nice to have warmth and makes me sad too, because so many have no where to go on cold nights. But I can pray so I feel blessed, Thankful for all good things.

6. Grateful for watchful eyes like Rebekah, she does this thing every Monday night, clearing anything in the fridges that may be old. It really helps keep the fridges clean. After a holiday and leftovers it is nice to have a clean fridge. Blessed and Thankful. 

7. Thankful for hopefully one more year with a birthday . We decided since Rebekah and Zach are going to the Rocky Mountain National Park for their anniversary, we would wait until Saturday for my birthday. we will order pizza and have cake. It will be a blessing if some of the kids can stop by. Grateful.

8.  Blessed that I heard from two friends today. When I don't hear from them I worry. Both are fine. My friend Karen in Idaho sent me a photo of her daughter in Seattle with her little girl. So precious. Thankful.

9. Grateful Lynette in my hometown is doing ok, a bit stir crazy with the  lockdown but I told her, she and her mom, need to go outside their home and breathe some fresh air. They live in the country. Her aunt is going around in circles in assisted living. She wants to go home. I am going to send her card and write her a letter. I am blessed and grateful and thankful to know such fine people. 

10. Thankful for the good store brand of chorizo I found that is yummy. We use to go to Bruegger's Bagels which is directly across the street from my hubby's office building. We use to do Saturday mail once every 6 weeks. They make a Chorizo Jack Egg and Cheese Bagel.  Oh yum!  I recreated the bagel. I toasted a plain bagel, used some  cream cheese, added a sunny-side up egg with Pepper Jack cheese and a chorizo patty. It was delicious. Blessed and Grateful.


                  I had to use a google image. I ate that sandwich and it filled me up all day long.



4 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I love bacon and would never ruin one by putting an egg on it but I do love cream cheese on my bagel. I am not a fan of eggs and I eat them only because I need the protein and I try to find ways to hide the egg like burying it and cheese omelette. Speaking of your having a clean refrigerator now I need to get up from here and stop reading blogs and go clean our fourth cuz it sure needs it. Thanks for the morning laugh at the computer that wasn't plugged in properly. I will see contact person in our team for the IT department they made the team leaders the only ones that could call for help far from it because there were seven hundred of us in the building and they had to limit the number of calls they could take. Once I called and I said my computer won't come on and the first thing out of his mouth he said did you check the plug and sure enough somebody had unplugged it during the night. And another time I called and he said do a shutdown restart and call me back if it doesn't fix the problem and he said and if it does fix the problem before you call us do the shutdown restart and then call. It's funny that it slipped me back in time with all those calls I had to make

pilch92 said...

Sorry you had a bad start to the day. The bagel sandwich looks yummy. I used to like the McDonald's one because they had a special sauce on it , but since COVID they have a limited menu that doesn't include those. XO

Mevely317 said...

So sorry you're having to deal with earaches. In his pre-teen years my son suffered mightily. That bagel sandwich sounds soooo good. Bagel shops used to be on every other corner in Arizona, but come to think of it, I've not seen one here in Alabama. Unlike Sandra (*grin*) I love eggs any which way, but never thought about putting chorizo on a bun.

messymimi said...

Earaches are awful, i am glad you are feeling better.

Thank you for sharing your lists, they cheer me immensely.