Sunday, November 27, 2022

Aw...Mondays/ Tuesday 4 , Happy Tuesday and More

 Aw...Mondays


We were putting up some of our outdoor Christmas decor.  Snoopy is our newest addition and we sure love these . I am including my Tuesday Thanksgiving post which I failed to post. With so much going on in our phamily, it has been a bit stressful. 





The Thanksgiving Feast

 Tuesday4

Thursday November  24, 2022 is THANKSGIVING DAY. 


Let's talk about the Thanksgiving feast.

1. Do you celebrate with family, friends or by yourself?

With our son-in-law Roger being so ill, we are trying to get together as many of us as possible. We do celebrate all together and have had friends join us that were alone in past years. Only Hannah and Jake will not be able to make it this year. we pray they will be able to move closer to us so we can get together more frequently.

2. Do you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from New York City? The appearance of Santa at the end signals the start of  the CHRISTmas season.  What does the day hold for you?


My mom made sure we had photos with Santa each year. I was petrified of the jolly ole man!  But I love that I have good memories. We use to watch the parade but it seems they have changed into something we are not interested in these days. I love the holidays for what they were meant to be, not interested in the politics of others.

3. What foods are the hit of the Thanksgiving Day for you?

I love the turkey and pecan pie, I make my pie from scratch . My husband makes gravy from scratch. All the foods are set in my memory too. We always had a big phamily celebration so I like to think we have tried to keep that memory alive today.

4. We say grace before and after meals. Is grace a part of your Thanksgiving meal?

Yes we sure do. My late father and late father-in-law always lead us in saying grace and giving thanks. My husband has a beautiful way of conveying the blessing each meal. 


Love is.... always says the best things,,,,

8 comments:

My GBGV Life said...

That is quite a collection of inflatables. We would love to stop by and take photos with those guys!

Sandee said...

We quit decorating many years ago. To hard on us and ladders are a no-no. A fun yard you're going to have.

Love the Q&As.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs, my friend. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Those inflatables are so cool ... are your neighbors envious? Love these old 'Santa and me' photos. What a pretty little girl you were, Anne!

Hey, I've no doubt things are super stressful now, but I love your attitude. Still praying!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That's quite a collection of inflatables.
Very colorful and festive looking.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

This Thanksgiving was very quiet, Anne, because family couldn't be here on that day. However, since we just finished a round trip to see so many of our family members, I was more than able to deal with it. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!

Mari said...

I'm glad you got to see a lot of family for Thanksgiving. I'm praying for Roger daily,
Cute Santa pics!

messymimi said...

I really like your decorations!

Lots of prayers for your family, i am glad so many of you were able to get together.

Sandee said...

♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Anne,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫