Thursday, September 26, 2024

THANKFUL THURSDAY & FRIENDLY FILL IN'S & LOVE IS;;;

 THANKFUL THURSDAY

I am thankful! So many negative things have happened to us lately. I decided to take a different perspective. I decided to be thankful for it all, for whatever reason, perhaps a rainbow or a silver lining will be behind it all. 

I have been praying for everyone in Hurricane Helen's path. I think about the destruction a storm can cause and I thought I could put my troubles on hold. so if you are anywhere near this storm please know you are in my prayers.

I found this meme to share. After today's news that the Jeep needs more repairs, I had to share it.

Rock bottom is the story of our lives  lately. But instead of complaining I am going to do for others. I  might not have money to throw around but I can pray. I can offer encouragement to others and I can share so much with others. Kindness goes a long way.

Today I had lunch with my grandson Colton and sweet Shea. She had just come from pre-k and she wanted lunch. She wanted McDonald's It is hard to tell a little fib but when you have your heart set on a sit down lunch with someone waiting on you, Colton said, Shea, remember when we went to McDonald's with Grandmother last time? The playground was closed for cleaning?  They probably clean it at the same time everyday. So he was being truthful. 

Shea than says well than I want Chick-fil-a and her daddy said How about Olive Garden? They went back and forth and I added, you know you get your own personalized menu, I wish I could have one. Plus they always give you a piece of chocolate. She said, Grandmother what kind of chocolate? I said, you know the chocolate minty kind. Because you are  so cute and you will eat your lunch they will probably give you two! She was sold!

We had the most delightful lunch and Jessica, was our waitress. She was new and this was her first week on the floor alone. She was the sweetest. She even brought Shea a little cup of croutons when she heard her say she wanted more of mine from the salad. She brought our food and made sure we had refills on soup, pasta and tea . Colton ordered the all you can eat pasta bowl. It was funny to see him eat and get extra cups of soups too. Thankful for those moments with them and  the nice reasonable lunch. Jessica did give Shea two chocolate candies.





Hard to think my boy has been gone for well over a month. Actually one full month and 9 days. So this little meme is for all the angel babies out there like Tiger a/k/a Mr. Kitty and Brian. Stay happy on that Rainbow bridge

FRIENDLY FILL IN'S and  Ellen and her co host Lorianne  have four questions to answer each week. Ellen came up with the first two and Lorianne and the other two. Please join the fun.
Here are the four questions to fill in. Tomorrow we will post our answers.

1. I have had COVD ________________________.

2. There is no acceptable excuse for _______________________.

3. I wish _______________________last all year long.

4. I probably look silly when I ______________________, but I don't care.

love is...always has my back and his too,





8 comments:

Mari said...

Awww - sounds like a sweet time with Colton and Shea! Glad she got her two mints.
I'm so sorry about the jeep. Sometimes it does seem that it's always something!

pilch92 said...

Sorry you are having a tough time lately. Glad you got to spend time with your family. Do the kids keep asking for cheese so they can watch them grate it? My great-nieces would have them use the entire block of it if we didn't stop them. :)
It is hard to lose a beloved kitty. XO

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I so loved the story you shared about lunch with your son and granddaughter, Anne. Such a blessing to have them living near you. Sorry things have been so rough for you this year, but your choice to choose gratitude is a wise one. May God look after you and yours!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sounds like a rough time but you did a wonderful job with those thankfuls. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Mevely317 said...

Aw, I love your Olive Garden story! Quick thinking on the McDonald's first choice!
I've no idea how to respond to #1 (thankfully, so far 'never.') The others?
2: Being served tepid (or cold) food. That happened to my son and his wife on their cruise last week.
3. Autumn!
4. Carry on a serious conversation with my dogs. People who say they don't understand are sure going to look silly when they get to Heaven and hear for themselves!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thanks! Shea is a kind heart and a real character. We curled up to watch Cocomelon, one of her favorite programs after an hour of playing with the FP Farm and all the animals. SHe said something is crawling on my leg and slapped at it. Welll......it was a teeny tiny spider. No bite. But he was a goner. She said you put him in the trash, why? I said I think he was caught in our blanket. She was sad, said I bet his mom is looking for him. She is very kind.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thank you, yes the kids love that cheese. HaHa....sometime I need to stop myself. It mesmerizes you haha! I know loses a kitty is so sad. I think I see him, but I know it is my mind playing a trick on me.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Thank you! Yes, life can be so hard. But complaining goes nowhere and no one wants to hear you complain. So I try to look for thankful and grateful moments. You are a kind heart, just like Shea. Thank you.