Tuesday, July 5, 2022

All About You

 I am playing because my friend Ranada Burd had this on her social network page telling us to play…

Will somebody play, please!!!! I want to see your answers and I'm tired of seeing political posts or bad news!!!
Let's lighten up!
Here ya go
* Age backward: 86
* Favorite pie: blueberry
* Steak or seafood: Both, oh yes, please!
* Pepsi or Coke: Neither
* Chocolate or Vanilla: 😬 Vanilla
* How many tattoos: None
* Ever hit a deer: No!
* Netflix or Hulu : Neither
* Last text from: Grandson
* Favorite season: Spring and Fall
* Surgeries: 8
* Favorite color: Green and Blue
* Mountains or Beach:Both
* Dogs or cats: Both
* Early morning person: Somedays
* Have you ever flown on a plane: Yes
* Favorite holiday: Easter
* Beer or wine: Either but not very often
* Mild or hot salsa: Medium
* Smooth or crunchy peanut butter: Smooth
* Waffles or Pancakes: Pancakes
* Who will play: ?

I thought I would post this fun questionaire. Ranada is my Oklahoma friend and she is one of the best encouraging people I know.

We have company, Hannah and Jake are here from Western New York. So Avery took off to weeks and in 31 years he has never taken that much time at one time! It has been so heavenly and when he returns to work Monday I am going to be so sad. We have done lots of projects, had a few barbeques and enjoyed seeing many relatives. We traveled to Boulder County to see the Boulder Falls. I will post photos soon. We walked down to the falls and the spray was lovely, because it was a very warm day.


These are our son-in-laws. Zach with the gray shirt. I am next to Roger and Jake is on the right of Roger. Roger is home. He gets his rest and seems to be doing well. We continue to pray and thank all of you who have joined us. He has several appointments coming up and we are all very blessed that we can all be together during these summer months. It will be hard to see Hannah and Jake leave too. But we know all good times come to an end.


We have had really hot days and the evenings have been cooler as we get a few rain showers.
Hannah celebrated her birthday with us. She is as old as her dad has worked for the law firm. The day she was born, at home, he had his job interview and started working on July 23rd which is his birthday.



Here are a few more photos from our holiday weekend and fun times.

DInner at CInzetti's with Jeremy and crew and Hannah and Jake. It was a nice experience until the wait person stated that we had to leave within 2 hours. We made a reservation, had been there 1 hour and 15 minutes. So as we left, our son Jeremy was asked by a manager if we had a nice experience. He said we were all long time customers and told her what happened. She was shocked and could not believe we were told that. As you can see these little boys were simply enjoying their ice cream dessert with their big sister and we are the best tippers, stack our dirty dishes for the server and never get loud or unruly. It is interesting that the server told us this info after she saw the big cash tip we left! It is not our fault that people do not make reservations and have a long wait time. We figured maybe they were trying to get the first diners out of their door. We arrived promplty at 5 o'clock when they unlocked their doors!

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light." George Washington

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

I was reading through so many wonderful comments. Thank you everyone. I noticed a few of my comments just disappeared. I am going to check my email if they landed over there. Blogger is a real booger! Thank you and I will slowly get back to everyone. Thanks for the prayers and wonderful comments. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

10 comments:

Mevely317 said...

How wonderful to have Roger home and healing! So glad you all enjoyed a wonderful visit with Hannah and Jake. What a drive from NY that must be!
Hard to believe your server's attitude. Wow, I hope she was soundly reprimended in the ABC's of customer service.

Oh! On the disappearing comments? I've had that happen, too - both on my blog and others. Here's what I've discovered: On your dashboard on the left-margin, click on 'Comments' (3rd from the top). Sometimes you'll see a checkmark and, if you hover over those symbols you'll see booger Blogger's decided that's spam. Just click to tell them it's NOT SPAM and you'll get the option to 'Publish.' Hope this helps!

Mevely317 said...

Here are my answers:
Age backward: 27
* Favorite pie: Egg custard, or key lime
* Steak or seafood: Steak
* Pepsi or Coke: Neither
* Chocolate or Vanilla: Vanilla
* How many tattoos: Noooo!
* Ever hit a deer: Praise God, no.
* Netflix or Hulu : Neither
* Last text from: DIL
* Favorite season: Fall and Winter
* Surgeries: 4
* Favorite color: Yellow
* Mountains or Beach: Mountains
* Dogs or cats: Dogs
* Early morning person: Yes
* Have you ever flown on a plane: Yes
* Favorite holiday: My birthday!
* Beer or wine: Wine
* Mild or hot salsa: Hot
* Smooth or crunchy peanut butter: Extra crunchy
* Waffles or Pancakes: Neither

Sandee said...

During Covid there were restrictions on how long you could be at a table, but no more. That's weird. I'm sure the waitstaff was told not to do that again. They want to turn the tables over for more tips. I get that too.

Love the game. Fun answers.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Anne. Love and hugs. ♥

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Wow, sorry to hear the restriction on the time at the table...that was not very polite. I enjoyed all of your answers. I will be "27" in September. We have hit a deer before and it totaled our car. It was very scary. I am a smooth peanut butter person, I'm not going down the whole list because I can't see it while I'm on the comment section. LOL. But it was fun. Glad you've had so much time together and great times with your family. Such a blessing. Praying still for Roger. God bless you all.

pilch92 said...

Glad you are getting some time with family. I will try to add this to my post for tomorrow. Nice to learn more about you. XO

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Such a blessing to be able to spend so much time with your family, Anne! We had oldest granddaughter, Virginia, with us for two weeks in June; I'm writing about our good times in several blog installments. Hope you'll stop by!
The game you featured sounds like fun, but I'll have to pass for now.
Blessings!

LOULOU said...

Okay, here we go from Living With Loulou. Mama is doing most of this!


Age backward: mute on this one
* Favorite pie: PIZZA
* Steak or seafood: Seafood for sure, crab especially
* Pepsi or Coke: Neither
* Chocolate or Vanilla: 😬 Vanilla
* How many tattoos: None
* Ever hit a deer: No but my cousin in Texas did…not a good thing, poor little creature. The deer, not the cousin.
* Netflix or Hulu : Netflix
* Last text from: A grocery shop near us who delivers
* Favorite season: Spring and summer
* Surgeries: 0
* Favorite color: Coral
* Mountains or beach? BEACH but not much sun nowadays because of protecting skin so that one day I might actually put my age in backwards, haha.
* Dogs or cats: Both
* Early morning person: Somedays
* Have you ever flown on a plane: Yes
* Favorite holiday: Easter
* Beer or wine: Either but not very often
* Mild or hot salsa: Medium
* Smooth or crunchy peanut butter: Smooth
* Waffles or Pancakes: Pancakes
* Who will play: ?

LOULOU said...

I didn’t see the ones starting with dogs or cats.
Here goes:
Both
Yes
Yes
Easter
Scotch
Hot
Crunchy
Pancakes
I PLAYED - a wonderful idea, thank you.

messymimi said...

That was fun, learning more about you. Lots of prayers still and i hope you've had a wonderful 2 weeks!

Deanna Rabe said...

I'm glad you've had such good times together.

How strange that the server hurried you!

I like your George Washington quote!