Friday, February 15, 2019

Memories Are Made of This

My mother told me many times this story of herself and her sisters waiting for the weekend so they could turn on the radio and take turns dancing with  their daddy. It hurts my heart that he was gone too soon from their lives. Tragedy knows no boundaries, no color or economic class, nothing. It steals from the very soul of those who know nothing but love.
Their generation had hope. That one day they would meet again. I can guarantee my momma is dancing in heaven with her own daddy and sisters.
Helen Keller was a remarkable woman of faith.
I do not know who the taller gentleman was but Ambrose was my parents boarder. He was an old bachelor and my folks had kind hearts. Mom took good take of him.
One of my maternal grandfathers sisters. I knew her as Mrs. Frances M. Her true name was Francesca. My grandfather was the lone boy with three sisters.
My daddy with some of his siblings and his parents.
My brother eddie (left) and cousin Kenny (right) and my sister Mary (angel). My cousin, the twins have both passed away. What a sweet photo at the Catholic parish where my folks belonged.
My Tata Rose, on her wedding day approximately 1908. My grandmother is in the back row and my grandfather is holding my Uncle Louie who just happened to be born in 1908.
Almost everyone loves the weekend. Enjoy yours!

11 comments:

Little Wandering Wren said...

How lovely to find you here! I think that the image in my mind of your mother dancing with Daddy is such a sweet one - the heart aches for the family loss. Lovely family photos.
Wren x

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Those olden photos are just wonderful, aren't they? They tell us where we come from. My mother had several photo albums that she lovingly put together after my father passed away. They have since disappeared. Long story! I enjoyed looking at yours and reading the stories. Thank you for praying for my son and for your visit. God bless you! Sandi

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a wonderful post! Such history and I really loved the photos. I so wish I had photos of my parents and their parents and so on. They help us figure ourselves out a bit.

I remember a photo my mother had of her older sister at the age of twelve. Sadly, this sister died during back surgery a year or so after. In the picture she is kneeling next to a dog; a boxer, and my grandfather always had boxers. She had a mass of tight curls: frizzy and wild. Dark eyes and a carefree smile. I remember this picture quite well. I was looking at myself. People rarely see my curls, thanks to heat appliances! But my patents knew, and my sisters know, I am Jere Lou. And I'm proud.

So glad to have caught up with you!! Thanks for your visits! :)

Jane x

jack69 said...

Ahhhh, I love old photos even when I do not know the subjects. I enjoyed the view and notes. Thanks for stopping by the Shipslog. It was a joy to read your comment.
Love from over here,
Sherry & jack

Kay G. said...

What a beautiful post, I loved the photos. It is sad to lose your father, at any age. I just lost my Dad in February. Still hurts.
Thank you kindly for becoming a new follower, you have made my day!

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Lovely family photos...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for stopping over. This post is full of beautiful memories. I love all the photos. ((Hugs))

bj said...

in trying to get to your main blog, i somehow ended up here. Glad, tho, as i love looking at olden photos....

Karen said...

I enjoyed seeing your family photos.That is sweet about your Mother dancing with her daddy. I miss my mother and daddy too. Happy Easter to you and your family.

The French Hutch said...

What a sweet remembrance of your family. Yes, it is so sad to loose our loved ones. Thank you for sharing your family photos and stories.
Have a Blessed and Happy Easter..........

jack69 said...

Absolutely Love the old photos. they kick in my imagination.
Love from NC
Sherry & jack